Australian Consumer Guarantee: you have a legal right to return goods purchased from a business and to obtain a repair, replacement or refund if the goods:
• Are faulty or develop a fault within a reasonable period of time after purchase
• Are not fit for purpose (i.e. they don't do what the seller said they would do)
• Don't match the seller's description or sample
• Are of unacceptable quality, or
• Fail to meet other mandatory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
Please note: Consumer guarantees don't apply if you:
• Have simply changed your mind, found the product cheaper elsewhere, or decided you don't like or need the product
• Misused a product and have caused or contributed to the failure of the goods, for example, by damaging or misusing the goods
To exercise these rights, the buyer should contact PDBME and may be required to return the goods and to provide proof of purchase.
To use your rights, contact the PDBME, who may ask you to return the goods.